Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Falling


Hey peoples.  So, in the next few weeks, my blog might be changing a little.  I don't think writing book reviews is gonna work for me, but I still want to do something with books.  So, what I am going to do is this: since I love to write, every week I'll post something I've written.  Some weeks I'll post an installment of a story I'm currently working on.  Other weeks I'll post different short stories.  I might still throw some food reviews in there sometimes, if I make something I just have to post about, but it will be mostly stories from now on.  I hope you all like my writing.  Most of it is fantasy or sci-fi, my two favorite genres.

This is gonna be the first short story I post.  I wrote it a few weeks ago.  It's told from the point of view of a dying leaf.  I got the idea of writing about a leaf from my mom.  She wanted to see what I would come up with.  At first, I thought writing about a leaf would be really weird and kinda hard, but one day, I couldn't think of anything to write about, so I decided to give the leaf story a try.  It worked out quite well.  Enjoy the story.  If you have any questions or comments, please write them in the comment box.


Hey, random trivia question: who knows why leaves change color in the fall?  If you know the answer, there is a magical thing called the comments where you can post your answer.  If you don't know, check out this link.



Leaf Courtesy of Wikimedia


Falling
It’s getting colder every day.  The daylight hours are getting shorter, the nights longer. All around me, the colors are changing. The lucky ones become red or orange. Some turn yellow.  The unlucky ones just turn brown.  Then they fall.  My friends and neighbors have started changing already. A few have fallen.  Soon I will follow them.  

The thought of falling scares me, but I have accepted that my death must happen for new life to be born.  I can feel my color changing over the days.  I hope it’s red.  If I do turn red, I will be beautiful when I fall.  

The world could do with some beauty.  I look down at the earth beneath me.  It is beautiful, with all the colors of Autumn.  The green grass, brown soil, with red, orange and yellow scattered over it.  I will be there soon, and I will add to the beauty of the colors.  


Wind blows around me.  I almost fall, but I manage to hold on.  I know I will fall soon.  I can’t hold on much longer.  The days are short now, and the nights are cold.  My color has changed completely.  I don’t know what it is now.  It is almost time.  Wind blows again.  My grip breaks and I am falling, falling, falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment