Pages

Monday, November 24, 2014

Chapter 2...



Hello, my dear readers. How are you all today? News flash: it's almost my birthday! I'm turning 15 on Wednesday! I'm pretty excited. But I'm probably going to be writing all day. I'm doing this writing contest called NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). I have to write at least 10,000 words this whole month. The month is more than half over and I've only written about 5,000. I gotta get caught up this weekend. Now, for the summery of the end of chapter 1: Shawn leaves Anny's house and tells her to meet him at the same time the next night. Anny goes to sleep and wakes up in the morning super confused. She decides to meet him again to learn more information about Dalen and the fairies.


Chapter 2
The day seemed to go by in a blur. Before she knew it, the house was dark and it
was time for Anny to meet Shawn. She changed out of her pajamas, found a flashlight, loosely braided her long hair over her shoulder and looked at her clock. 1:15. Ten minutes until Shawn was supposed be there. Anny grabbed her flashlight and a book and went outside to wait.  
She carefully climbed down the ladder and sat down in the same chair as the
night before. She turned on her flashlight and began to read. Just when she was about
to go back inside, thinking she had imagined Shawn, she heard a noise coming out of the darkness. Anny looked up from her book and saw Shawn step out of the shadows.  She pointed the beam of her flashlight at him and got her first good look at his face.
He looked younger than she had thought he was, maybe 18 or 19. He had curly,
Lord Dalen
Drawn by Natalie Pellmann
light-colored hair, but Anny couldn’t tell the exact color in the dark. His eyes were a deep, bright green. He’s cute, Anny thought. Even by the poor light of the flashlight, she could see how good-looking he was.  
“You’re late,” she accused him.  
“You came.  You just couldn’t stay away from me, could you?” he teased.
“Oh, please. I came to hear the rest of the story, not to see you. I don’t even know what you look like,” Anny shot back.
“I see you brought a flashlight. Was it so you could see how good-looking I am?” Shawn grinned flirtatiously. He had a nice smile. It lit up his eye’s so they almost glowed in the dark of the night.
“No, I brought it so I could actually see who I’m talking to, but don’t be surprised if
I hit you with it, which I might do if you don’t stop flirting with me. I also wanted to read
while I was waiting for you to show up.” Anny said, trying to stifle a smile of her own, and
failing. Shawn really was cute when he was flirting.
“ I honestly didn’t think you would come.” Shawn admitted sheepishly, his smile disappearing.
“Well I did, so get on with the story. Who was Dalen?”
“Dalen was the ambitious young fairy lord who started the war. He wanted the
throne, so he made himself an army and declared war on King Oberon.”

No comments:

Post a Comment