Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Special

Image Courtesy of Miss Kate Cuttables
Hi people. I know I haven't posted anything in a while, and I left you with a kinda big cliffhanger. Sorry, but you're gonna have to wait another week to know what happens with Anny and Shawn next. I'm not posting a part of their story this week because it's Christmas (yay for you people who celebrate this holiday) and I wanted to post a Christmas special, but I was too lazy to write one. So, no story this week. Just me talking.

I'm Jewish, so I don't celebrate Christmas. What do people do on Christmas? I've decorated a tree once (I helped my neighbors), I drank eggnog once (I didn't really like it), and I've never woken up ridiculously early to open presents. I usually sleep in super late, maybe go see a movie with my family, or just hang out at home doing nothing all day. Last year, I hung out with my younger cousins at my grandma's house, and we got Chinese food for dinner. That was fun. Today, me and my family are going to see The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies. I hope it's good. I can't wait to see it.

You know what really annoys me? When people forget that not everyone celebrates Christmas. I play violin in my school orchestra, and in the four years that I have been in an orchestra during the holiday season, I've played one or two Hanukkah/Jewish songs, and for one of them, I almost had to beg our teacher to let us play it, and then we didn't get the music until the day of the concert. This year, we played four Christmas songs and one classical song. Does anyone else think that this is unfair? I know Jews are a minority here, but that doesn't mean that everyone else can forget about us.

Well, that's it for today. All my thoughts about Christmas. I'll post the next part of my story next week. Merry Christmas and Happy (belated) Hanukkah (to any other Jews out there)!

No comments:

Post a Comment