Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Disneyland trip for school, anyone?

Guess what people? I just got back from Disneyland! I went there on a field trip for orchestra (that's right, I got to go to Disneyland for school). It was so much fun. We were there for two days. I did all the super fun roller coasters and not-so-fun kiddy rides. My favorite was California Screamin', the biggest roller coaster in the park. I did it twice. It was great.
The reason we went to Disneyland was for a Heritage Festival. We played and were judged Saturday morning. The award ceremony was Saturday night. We had to wait for 45 minutes just to be seated at that. It was worth the wait. We won four different awards! The first one was the gold in our division. To get that, we had to get a score of over 90/100. The second award was the Adjudicators award. We had to get a score higher than a 92/100 to get that. We were the only instrumental group to get that one. The third was the Outstanding Orchestra Award. That means that we got the highest score out of all the orchestra's there. Impressive, right? I'm not exactly sure what the fourth award was for, but it could get us an invitation to play at Carnegie Hall. Pretty cool, huh? It was really exciting.
As it turns out, winning the Heritage Festival wasn't my favorite part of the trip. On Friday afternoon, I met my cousins in the park. They live about 10 minutes away, so it was an easy trip for them. They are the cutest little people in the world. The boy is two years old. His name is Eli, and he is the sweetest, most good-natured two-year-old I have ever met. His sister, Ava, is four months old. She is so tiny and cute. That was the first time I'd met her. Meeting them and their parents in Disneyland was a lot of fun. We got to go on a few rides with them before we got dinner and they had to go.
Me holding laughing Ava

Me with Eli and Ava. Aren't they adorable?


Just so everyone know's, waking up at 3 in the morning, sitting on a bus for 14 hours, and then staying up till 11 at night playing cards is fun but not smart if you're going to be walking around Disneyland the next day. I was so tired by the end of the day. That combined with the 94 degree heat and the lack of open water rides was almost unbearable. But, I managed to pul through and still have a good time.
Are you guys jealous that I got to go to Disneyland for school? I know some people who are. It's too bad for you peeps. It was awesome!


1 comment:

  1. bruh, so jealous! see, but there are other girls in the orchestra. when I go with my band, I'm fending for myself against like 25 guys. But anyways you guys totally rocked the festival!

    ReplyDelete