Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Finally. The end of Chapter 4...

Hi, peeps. I'm really bored right now. Does anyone else ever find life extremely boring? I think that quite a lot actually, especially when I'm at school. School is terrible. I go to Treasure Mountain, and the building is way too small for the amount of kids. It's so crowded. It's also really boring. I usually read through all my non-important classes. At least then I'm doing something I find interesting.


Image Courtesy of Stylipics
This is kinda what my baskets looked like.
So, I just got home from making Easter baskets. Don't ask why a Jewish girl was making Easter baskets. It was weird. I've never made Easter baskets before, so I had no idea what to put in them. I still have no idea. I just put random stuff in. There was a lot of candy, and I like candy, so I put a lot of that in my baskets. I also put some bubbles and stickers in, 'cause everyone loves those. Anyways, it was kinda fun. 

Where did I leave off last time? Oh, yeah. Shawn takes Anny and Maggie to the apartment they will be staying in. Maggie recognizes the room as the apartment she and Anny's dad had lived in before Anny's brother was born.

Mom wandered into one of the two side rooms. “One thing has changed,” I heard her say. I followed my mom into the room. It was a small bedroom. There was a bed pushed up against one wall, a closet and dresser along the opposite wall, and a small desk at the foot of the bed.
“We redid this room for Anny,” Shawn said. I looked from him to my mother, confused again. Mom answered her questioning look.
“This was Kyle’s room before we moved. It’s yours now.” Mom stood in the middle of the bedroom for a bit longer before walking out.
“I’ll get your stuff,” he said to me over his shoulder as he followed her. He came back a few seconds later, carrying my bag. “Right, now that you’re all settled, it’s time for your tour. Let’s go.” Shawn dropped the bag on my new bed and walked out again, not waiting for me to follow him. He must have realized that I wasn’t behind him, because he stuck his head back through the doorway. “You coming?” he asked me.
“Yeah, just give me a second,” I answered. I looked around the bedroom and
sighed. It actually wasn’t that different from my room at home. It was small, with a bed in
one corner and a dresser in another. The only important difference was that there was no balcony outside. There wasn’t even a window. What would I do when I couldn’t sleep? I would die if I couldn’t see the stars. I sighed again and followed Shawn into the main room, where he was talking to Mom.
“Ah, look who’s arrived,” he said, catching sight of me standing in the doorway to my room. “The tour. We’ll be off then. I assume you don’t need a tour of the place, Maggie?” he asked.
“No. I think I still know my around. I’ve only been gone for seventeen years, after I lived here for more than twenty.”
“Okay. See you later. Come on, Anny.” He left the room and I followed him into the hallway outside. He walked away down the hall without waiting for me, and I had to run to catch up. “So, what do you want to see first?” he asked me.
“All of it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment