Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Even more Chapter 4...

Hi peeps. Did everyone have a good week? I did, mostly. I had to go to school, though, and that was exhausting (like usual). I went snowboarding at Park City Mountain Resort with my parents today. It was really fun. We saw my grandma on the mountain. That was kinda weird, but cool. I have knee problems, and boarding always makes it worse, so my knees are in a lot of pain right now. Eh, it was worth it.
In the last part of my story, Anny and Maggie got to the IFPA compound. Anny was surprised to see that the compound was underneath her school. They met Shawn in front of the school. He took them into the compound.

We kept walking, down stairs and through hallways, past loud, running groups of children and calm walking adults, until we arrived at a hallway lined with doors on either side. Shawn stopped in front on a door about halfway down the hallway. He grinned at Mom. “Ready to see your new, or not so new, home?” He pushed the door open and and stood off to one side so Mom could see inside the room. She gasped, dropping her bag, and Shawn laughed.
“We’re staying here?” Mom asked, looking at him hopefully.
“Of course,” he answered, still laughing. “Go on, go inside. Nothing’s changed.”
Mom picked up her bag and walked slowly into the room. Shawn and I
followed. She set her bag down and looked around the room. To me, it looked like a
nice hotel room. The main room was a mix of a kitchen and a living room. There was a small dining table on one side of the room, and a couch and TV on the other side. In the middle of one of the walls was two closed doors. In the opposite wall was another door. I guessed that one of the doors led to a bathroom and the others to bedrooms. The room must have meant something to Mom, however, because she started laughing as she looked around.
“You’re right. It looks exactly the same as it did the day we left. I can’t believe no one’s moved in,” she said.
“This apartment will always be your’s, Maggie. You can come back any time,”
Shawn told her.
I was confused. It was obvious my mom had stayed in this apartment before, but when, and why?
“Um, you know this room, Mom?” I asked my mother.
“Oh, Anny. This is the apartment your father and I stayed in after we were married. We both worked here, so it was helpful that we could live here. We left when Kyle was born, and I never thought I would be back here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment