Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Control Room...

Good morning, lovelies. How are you all? I am so tired (like usual). I don't want to go to school tomorrow. At least we only have 23 days left (!). I can't wait till summer. It's gonna be so fun. *Stares into space dreamily* Sleeping in, going camping, working at the library, and going to Shwayder Camp (the best summer camp ever!). It's gonna be great.
Monday was the Utah State Math Contest. It was a multiple choice test with 40 questions. It was soooo hard. I answered maybe 12 out of 40 problems. I skipped the rest. The scoring for that test is really cool. Each correct answer is 6 points, wrong answers are 0 points, and blank answers are 1.5 points. Even though I don't think I got any questions wrong, I definitely didn't win by only answering 12 questions. Oh, well. I can always try again next year.
In the last part of my story, Shawn told Anny how IFPA training works. He gave her a few archery tips and showed her around the training room before continuing the tour.

This is like the IFPA control room
Image courtesy of Ifsecglobal.
Shawn took me all over the compound. I saw other training classrooms, the infirmary, and the control room. The control room was a small room. A desk was pushed up against each of the three walls that did not contain the door. On each desk was three or four computer screens, and each screen was divided into four pictures. A young woman was sitting at one of the desks. She looked up when Shawn entered the room.
“Anny, this is Abby. She’s the supervisor here. She’s in charge of making sure the compound stays secure,” Shawn introduced me to the woman. “Abby, do you want to tell Anny what you do in here?”
“I watch the cameras. Everything they see, I see in here. There’s security cameras
set up all over the compound. They’re everywhere except apartments and bathrooms,” Abby said. Shawn wandered over to one of the screens and looked at it. It showed the training room.
“Why do you need security cameras?” I asked.
“Think about it. We live in an underground compound, trying to end a war. Don’t
you think Dalen would have tried to send his people to sabotage us? To try to stop us
from stopping him? What do you think would happen then? All our progress could be lost. We need to be able to see what’s happening everywhere in the compound in order to stop that from happening,” Abby said.
I didn’t say anything to that. I walked over to see what Shawn was looking at. He moved to block my view of the screen.
“Time to go, Anny,” he said. “Thanks for letting us drop by, Abby.”
“Anytime.” She grinned flirtatiously at him. “It was nice to meet you, Anny,” she called as we left the control room.

No comments:

Post a Comment