Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Chapter 4 continued

Hey people! How is everyone? I'm really tired right now. I had a robotics competition all day yesterday. It was exhausting but super fun. I was trying to make our robot, Dave, work. I was unsuccessful. Right when we got one part to work, another part broke. It was extremely frustrating and stressful. By the end of the day, my team was the only team that hadn't won any matches. Oh, well. It was still really fun. The funest part was when I was hanging out with the rest of my team after all the matches except the qualifying rounds were done. We were all yelling and laughing and having a good time. It makes me sad that the season is over.
Image Courtesy of YouTube

I was on a break from school this past week. It was great. At the beginning of the week, me and my friend Kimberly had a Lord of the Ring/Star Wars movie marathon at her house because she had never seen any of them before. It took us three days to watch all of them. It was so much fun. The rest of the week I was at robotics, finishing our robot and getting ready for the competition mostly by myself. I had a little help from my team and one of the high school teams, The LadyBots (thats my brother's team).

I now this part of my story is really short, but I thought it was a good place to stop, and it was too long to add to my last post. In the last post, Anny and her mother meet Shawn. Shawn explains that Anny is the only one who can defeat Dalen because her mothers magic isn't strong enough. He tells her that the only way to do it is with ancient magic. Anny agrees to do it.

“Anny, are you sure? If something goes wrong with the spell, you could be killed,” Mom said worriedly.
“I know, but I have to do this, Mom.” Turning back to face Shawn, I asked, “What do I have to do?”
“Come back to the IFPA compound with me. Your training will start tomorrow.”
“Training?” I asked, confused.
“You didn’t think we would just tell you the spell and make you go up against Dalen, did you? You wouldn’t stand a chance. Training will prepare you for what to expect.” He turned to Mom. “She’ll have to stay at the compound. She won’t be safe at home. You can stay with her if you want.”
“How long will she have to stay there?”
“Until she’s ready.”
“I don’t like it, but okay. Let us go home and grab some stuff. We’ll meet you at the
compound in a few hours,” Mom said. We got back in the car and drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment