Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

Fairy Wars Chapter 4

This is me writing. Yes, I handwrite
everything before I type it.
Hello, my lovelies. How is everyone? I'm glad to hear you're all doing great. I'm going pretty good too. So, I wanted to ask you all something. What do you think of my story? Do you like it? Do you not like it? I want to know what you all think of my writing. I want to make it the best it can be, and I can't do that without the input of the people who have read it. Please take this quick survey. Just so you know, what I have been posting is not the final thing. I'm still working on editing and revising it. If you have any suggestions about something I should do, please tell me. I will think about it and try to incorporate it into to story.
Lets see, what happened last time? I think that was when Anny talks to her mom about Shawn. Anny decides to help IFPA, so she tells her mom that she has to meet with Shawn. Maggie says she knows where Shawn wants to meet. Maggie also says that Anny's brother Kyle doesn't know anything about fairies and she makes Anny promise not to tell him.

Waiting until Saturday to find out more about what I would have to do was torture,
but somehow I survived. Saturday morning arrived and I thought I would explode while waiting. Finally, it was time for me and Mom to see Shawn. We got in Mom’s car and she drove us to a nearby park. Shawn was already there waiting for us. I took a good look at him. It was my first time seeing him in daylight. His curly hair was a sandy color, and his green eyes were even brighter than they had been the night before. He really was handsome.
“Millock,” Mom said, getting out of the car and walking over to Shawn. I followed. “Long time, no see.”
“Well, well. Look who it is. Maggie Farrow.” Mom embraced him. “And Anny. You came. You still couldn’t stay away, could you?” he said, flashing a grin at my.
“Watch it, Millock. That’s my daughter you’re flirting with,” Mom warned him.
“Sorry, Farrow. She looks just like you, and you know I can’t resist a pretty girl,” he said. I blushed and Shawn’s grin widened.
“She’s 15, Shawn. Leave her alone.”
“You know I can’t do that, Maggie,” he said, his grin disappearing. “I know you didn’t want her to get involved, but we need her. She’s our only hope of defeating Dalen.”
“Why am I the only one?” I asked. “ You said you would tell me more about it if I came. And, just so you know, I did not come for you.”
Shawn laughed, then quickly became serious once more. “The only way to defeat
Dalen is a very rare, ancient magic. There is a spell that, when spoken to a fairy, will
destroy them. Unfortunately, the spell will only work when spoken by a human with fairy
blood. That’s why we need you.”
“What about Mom? Why can’t she do it? She has the blood too.”
“She’s too old. Her magic isn’t as strong as yours. Human bondmates and descendants of bondmates aren’t fairies. Your magic weakens as you get older. This spell requires a tremendous amount of strength that your mom doesn’t have,” he explained. “Anny, I wouldn’t be asking you to do this if it wasn’t absolutely necessary.”
“I know, which is why I’ll do it. I can’t let the fairy kingdom get destroyed by a power hungry madman.”

No comments:

Post a Comment