Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2015

More Chapter 4...

Hello, beautiful people! How is everyone this cold, wintery day? It's finally acting like February. It still doesn't look much like February, but at least there's some snow.
Image Courtesy of KeepCalm-o-matic
My legs are so sore today. I did a kickathon at karate last night. For those of you who don't know, a kickathon is a fundraiser we do to raise money for specific people who need it. This time we were raising money for Kelly Rice, a young woman who was diagnosed with leukemia not too long ago. We did 1000 kicks in an hour and a half. It was hard and exhausting, but if the money we raised was enough for Kelly to get the treatment she need, it was worth it.
Enough about that. In the last (very short) part of my story, Anny asks Shawn what she would have to do. Shawn says she has to get some training so she will be ready to take on Dalen. He also says that she will have to stay at the IFPA compound to be safe.

When we arrived at the IFPA compound 2 hours later, I was surprised to see where we were. My mom had parked in front of my junior high, Treasure Mountain. It was also the school where my mom taught math.
“It’s here?” I asked my mom.
“Yep,” she said, laughing. “Most of the compound is under ground. There’s no way we would be able to hide it otherwise. It stretches from here to the high school.”
That also surprised me. Park City High was down the road, within walking distance of Treasure. It wasn’t that far, but it was kind of a long walk. There was even an elementary school between the two buildings. I hadn’t thought the compound would be that big.
“Come on, lets go inside. We’re supposed to meet Shawn by the front office.” Mom said, getting out of the car.
We walked inside the brick building, carrying one small suitcase each. The school looked the same as it usually did, except now it was summer and there was no one around. The only thing that seemed out of place was Shawn. He was standing outside the main office, leaning against the door.
“Ah, Farrows. You’re here. Follow me, I’ll show you to your room.” He walked down one of the hallways and stopped in front of a door. “Are you ready to enter a whole new world, little Farrow?” He swiped a key card on a scanner at the side of the door and pushed it open. He started down a flight of stairs and I followed with my mom.
“Did you really just call me little Farrow?” I asked him dryly.
“Yes, I did. Hurry up, you’re slow. I want you in your room and settled soon so you can have time for a tour before dinner. This place is big. I wouldn’t want you to get lost,” he said with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment