Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

More Chapter 3


Hello, my lovely peoples. How is everyone this fine day? I'm wonderful, thank you for asking. Can anyone believe that it's February? I live in Park City, Utah, in the mountains, where it is usually below freezing until at least the beginning of March. Most years, every thing is covered in snow. But not this year. There's almost no snow this year. It's sad.
In the last part of my story, Anny asks Shawn why she is the only one who can stop Dalen. He says he can't tell her anything until she agrees to do it. Shawn tells her that once she knowns the information that can destroy Dalen, she will be in danger from Dalen's assassins. Shawn gives Anny three days to decide and talk to her mom about talking to Shawn.


The next morning, I knew I had to help IFPA. I couldn’t let the fairy kingdom get destroyed by a madman. On the other hand, I didn’t know what I would have to do, or why I was the only one who could do it. But, even as my mind made up excuses, I knew that my heart was set on helping.
Shawn had told me to talk to my mother. I got out of bed and went to find her. She was in the kitchen.
“Hey, Mom. Can I talk to you about something?” I asked as I sat at the table.
“Good morning, sweetie. Of course you can.” Mom said, putting a plate of french toast on the table in front of me. It looked and smelled really good. French toast was my favorite breakfast, and I usually only got it if I made it myself.
I didn’t know what to say to her. How do you tell your mother that you talked to a strange man in your backyard in the middle of the night? I decided to just go for it, and hope my mom didn’t freak out. She did know Shawn, supposedly.
“I talked to Shawn Millock last night. He told me about the fairies and the war. He wants me to help IFPA end it. He told me to meet him somewhere at 1:30 on Saturday,” I said quickly.
Mom let out a sharp breath, her face pale. “I knew this would happen. Did he tell where to meet him?”
“No. He said you would know.”
“I do.”
There was silence for a few seconds, until I looked up from my breakfast and asked, “Why didn’t you ever tell me about this? About fairies, and the war, and Clara?”
“I didn’t want you to get involved with IFPA. Our work is dangerous. I was trying to keep you safe. I guess it’s too late for that now.” She looked at me seriously. “Kyle doesn’t know anything about this either. You can’t tell him. Promise me you won’t tell anyone,” Mom said.
“I promise.”
“Good. Now, finish eating.”

No comments:

Post a Comment